Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"You are my sunshine..."

Aidan likes music (even if he doesn't like for his parents to sing). We've talked about this before. But what was unexpected what Aidan's penchant for improvisation...

At school today, I guess they must have been singing "You are my sunshine..."
So while he was getting ready for bed, Aidan was singing to himself:
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

And Mama and I looked at each other with that "This is soooo cute; this just makes it all worth it; maybe it wasn't so crazy having kids afterall" look.

Then he kind of hummed the next few bars as he climbed up onto his bed.. and again Mama and I looked at each other and had to squelch a little laugh at how cute this is...

And then we heard it...

"Please don't taaaake, my cheese and grapes awaaaaay."

What was that?

He repeated it...
"Please don't taaaake, my grapes and cheese awaaaaay."

No comments: