Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow!

And just when we thought we might have seen the last of freezing Winter temperatures here, last week, we got a pretty good snowstorm. I'd guess we got 4-5 inches around our house. It started snowing here at about 6:30pm and snowed lazily through much of the night.. it was a beautiful snow to watch out the window that night..

Then, in the morning on Saturday, the snow kept coming down. We woke up to find this sight out our front windows.




And out the back.. you can see we're anticipating St. Paddy's Day!







So it wasn't long before Aidan and Bryce were scrambling to get dressed and get out into the snow... and I don't know who taught them to make snowballs, but they're both pretty good at it!












And I must say that eating snow seemed to come quite naturally to Bryce, as well!






Then, once the boys had tired out and wandered back inside, I was left to build a snowman... by that time, the snow was already beginning to melt (more on that in a bit), so it was good and wet and, with as much snow as we had, I was able to whip up a pretty sizable snowman-- bigger than I've made since I was a kid-- in no time. Here we are standing with our "Snow Cowboy"..

No comments: