Saturday, December 30, 2006

"I think I heard Santa!"

Surprisingly, the boys slept well while Santa made his visit on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, at around 6am, though Aidan came racing into our room and climbed into bed, whispering as loudly as he could "I think I heard Santa!"

What he didn't realize was that Aunt Laura and Uncle Ross were creeping into the house around that time so they could deliver a few gifts and be there for the morning festivities. He must have heard them creeping around downstairs...

So he buried himself in the covers and said to me "We'd better stay here in bed until he's gone!"
So, blissfully, we got an extra 20 minutes or so of sleep that morning... and a really happy memory of Aidan and Bryce (who snoozed through this whole incident and had to be roused by hand before he started bouncing on the bed and urging us to go downstairs) making their way down the stairs to peek and see what Santa brought them.

No comments: